Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
A team of pharmacists have developed this service to help our CareplusRx members with your healthcare. This is called the Medication Therapy Management (MTM). This service is a good option for people who take multiple medications and/or have chronic conditions, such as diabetes, asthma,
high blood pressure, etc.
To determine if MTM is right for you, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you take several medications for several different health conditions?
- Is it difficult to manage your health and your medications?
- Are you having any side effects from your medications?
- Do you take medications that require close monitoring?
- Do you have any concerns about medication costs?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above, you may benefit from a MTM services. Many health care plans, including some Medicare and Medicaid plans, cover the costs. Talk with our pharmacist about MTM today.
Our MTM pharmacists help our members and their doctors choose the drugs that work best to treat their medical conditions. They also help identify possible errors and improve medication adherence. MTM will also help you understand your medicines, resolve side effects and answer questions you may have about your medication.We encourage you to participate in this Comprehensive Medication Review at least once a year and if possible, before your annual wellness visit with your doctor.